Is your teen looking for an aesthetic solution when it comes to braces? At Feil Orthodontics, we offer clear aligners for teens, making them the ideal choice for students heading back to school.
Clear aligners have revolutionized the world of orthodontic treatment and provide numerous benefits. Throughout this blog, we will go over how the aligners function and how they can fit into your teen’s lifestyle. Dr. Feil and our teams in Bismarck, Mandan, Beulah, and Dickinson will ensure a seamless process.
How do clear aligners work?
When looking for a more discreet alternative to traditional braces, clear aligners are where to look. These custom-made appliances simply slip over the teeth for a snug fit. Using state-of-the-art technology, our team at Feil Orthodontics will create your teen’s aligners using a 3D computer imaging system.
Since every case is unique, Dr. Feil will ensure that the aligners will adjust your teen’s teeth to their predetermined location by designing each set of clear aligner trays. Before treatment begins, you can also see a digital projection of the final outcome. The best part of this is that aligners are not stationary like traditional braces and can be removed as needed.
What are the benefits of clear aligners?
Along with being discreet, clear aligners offer a wide variety of benefits. Below, we will walk through some of the highlights more in-depth.
Dr. Feil and the team are here to ensure that the custom-made aligners are pain-free for your teen. Unlike traditional braces, there are no wires or brackets, which can ensure a pleasurable experience. Making them a comfortable option for orthodontic treatment.
Will your teen be participating in a lot of extracurricular activities this upcoming school year? No worries because the clear aligner trays can be removed as needed and provide a flexible lifestyle. This helps guarantee that there will be no hindrance when it comes to special occasions, sports or playing musical instruments.
Easy to Maintain
Lastly, ensuring that your teen’s clear aligner journey is successful is important. This starts with properly maintaining them throughout the treatment process. This can be done with the following steps:
Wearing them as prescribed.
- This includes wearing them for 20-22 hours daily. The more consistently they’re worn, the faster your teen will see progress.
Keep them clean
- Your teen can make this part of their daily routine. To clean the aligners, they simply need to brush them with a soft bristle toothbrush and use warm water to rinse.
- It’s also important to remember to floss and brush as you normally would, especially prior to reinserting the aligners. This helps prevent any food particles from getting trapped and causing cavities.
Use the aligner removal tool
- An aligner removal tool will be provided with treatment. In some instances, removing the aligner tray with just your fingers can be tricky. By using this tool, the process will not only be easier, but it can also help prevent any damage to the tray itself.
- Drinks like tea, soda and coffee can stain the aligners. Try to encourage your teen to drink only water when they are wearing the aligners.
Don’t lose them
- If the clear aligners are misplaced or lost, this can cause a delay in the treatment plan. You’ll be provided with a designated case to store them when not in use.
Don’t miss the check-up appointments
- It’s essential that your teen have regular check-ups with Dr. Feil in order to monitor their success. This also allows us to make any adjustments to the treatment plan as needed.
How to help prepare your child for aligners
It’s important that you, as a parent, understand the ins and outs of clear aligners so you can better help your child adjust. You can help your teen prepare by educating them on the treatment process and benefits and establishing routines regarding when and how they wear, store and clean them. It’s also beneficial to provide support and help them celebrate treatment milestones. Positive reinforcement can motivate your teen during treatment. Our team at Feil Orthodontics is here to help you both every step of the way!
Why Choose Feil Orthodontics
Dr. Feil plays a crucial role in your teen’s success when using clear aligners. He will provide his support and expertise throughout the entire process, from their first free consultation to the final reveal of their brand-new smile.
With over ten years of experience, Dr. Feil has the experience and training to ensure that your teen receives the best care by using cutting-edge technology. He and our teams in Bismarck, Mandan, Beulah, and Dickinson work hard to make sure that your child’s satisfaction and comfort come first.
Get Started Today!
Clear aligners are an innovative solution that can transform your child’s smile as they head back to school. With the guidance of Dr. Feil and the Feil Orthodontics team, your child will receive personalized care tailored to their unique needs.
From the initial consultation to the final reveal, Dr. Feil’s expertise ensures a smooth and successful journey toward a beautiful smile. Clear aligners’ flexibility, comfort, and aesthetic appeal make them a preferred choice for many families.
Investing in your child’s smile is an investment in their confidence and well-being. Contact one of our Bismarck, Mandan, Beulah, and Dickinson offices today and schedule a free consultation!